[ESIP-all] Check out EPA’s My Green Apps site: over 100 environmental apps

McMahon.Ethan at epamail.epa.gov McMahon.Ethan at epamail.epa.gov
Fri Dec 14 13:49:28 EST 2012

Apologies for cross postings. Please spread the word.
________________________
EPA just launched My Green Apps, your destination for over 100 apps to
help you understand and protect the environment. You can sort the apps
by topic or platform, or suggest an existing app we could add to the
site. In addition, EPA wants you to tell them which ideas should be
turned into apps. Once EPA hears the priorities of the public, they’ll
show the feedback to software developers who can convert the ideas into
apps. EPA has already done some homework for developers and identified
environmental data that could be used to build these apps.

Visit My Green Apps (www.epa.gov/mygreenapps/) to get an app that makes
a difference. And spread the word!
________________________
Here are just a few ways this site can help the public and agencies, but
feel free to suggest more. I'd like to work with others who are
interested.
1. Help the public use environmental information to protect or
understand the environment.
2. Identify apps that the public wants developers or others to create.
3. Identify data and subject matter expertise that agencies can provide
so developers can create the apps.

Thanks, and have a great holiday,
Ethan

Ethan McMahon  ||  Office of Environmental Information ||  US EPA  ||
202-566-0359
Get over 100 green apps at My Green Apps! www.epa.gov/mygreenapps