[ESIP-all] BESSIG meeting Wed, 3/20, 4:00, Outlook Hotel

Anne Wilson anne.wilson at lasp.colorado.edu
Mon Mar 11 17:10:42 EDT 2013

Hi ESIP,

If you're in Boulder next Wednesday please consider joining us for our
March meeting of the Boulder Earth and Space Science Informatics Group.
  Our speaker will be Doug Lindholm from LASP:

"LaTiS: a data model, an API, a web service AND a floor wax"

LaTiS is a data model, a data analysis API, and a REST-ful web service
for accessing scientific data via a common interface.

The LaTiS data model provides a scientific domain independent, unifying,
mathematical foundation for describing data sets that captures the
functional relationships between parameters. The Scala implementation of
this model provides an API for reading data directly from their native
source, the ability to compute with high level abstractions appropriate
for the task at hand, and options for filtering, transforming, and
writing data in various formats.

This talk will discuss how these capabilities are used to enable a
modular web service framework that can easily be installed and
configured by a data provider, and that allows users to dynamically
reformat a data set, including its time representation, storage format,
missing values, etc.

This talk will be a preview (i.e. beta release) of the talk I will give
at UCAR Software Engineering Assembly Conference in April.

Complete details are available at the web site,
http://lasp.colorado.edu/galaxy/display/BESSIG/2013/03/07/BESSIG+Meeting+Wed%2C+March+20%2C+4+-+6+PM

Come on by!

Anne