[ESIP-all] [ANNOUNCE] Open Source Summit 3.0: Communities Meeting: June 25, 26, Washington DC USA

Mattmann, Chris A (398J) chris.a.mattmann at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu May 30 07:35:01 EDT 2013

(apologies for cross-post)

http://ossummit.org/

Registration for the Open Source Summit v3.0: Communities Meeting
is now open! This event grows out of the past two years of success.
The first Open Source Summit <http://www.nasa.gov/open/source/> was
held at NASA's Ames Research Center in Mountain View, CA and focused
specifically on NASA's open source policies. Last year, OSS
<http://open.nasa.gov/summit/> [full schedule]
<https://hackpad.com/Open-Source-Summit-2012-Live-Schedule-dXG9B8U2KkZ>
moved to the University of Maryland in College Park and broadened
the discussion to include all agencies, including NASA, the State
Dept, and the VA on the planning team.

This year's Open Source Summit will explain how to build, engage
with, and maintain open source communities -- and when we say open
source, we don't just mean software, we also mean hardware and data.

If you are a federal civil servant that needs to build or engage
with an open source community, you should plan on attending.

Be warned however: this is not your average event! The multi-agency
planning team is tasked with ensuring that the event provides
substantive benefit to federal agency personnel, and the format is
uniquely designed to deliver not just abstract content from subject
matter experts (of course we have those), but also the opportunity
to see this knowledge applied to a specific case study, and then
to learn how to apply it to your specific situation. In addition,
we will collate the results of the discussions during the event and
making them available afterwards so that other may learn from the
shared experiences and wisdom of their peers.

Also, fyi - the registration numbers are unlimited for government
employees, but limited t o 70 for non-govies. We have a total
registration limit of 200. Please use the #ossdc hashtag
if you want to have conversations on Twitter about the meeting.

Thanks and I look forward to your registrations and interest! If
you have any questions,

Please don't hesitate to ask either by replying to this email,
contacting me or anyone else on the Planning Team directly, or by
sending us a Tweet!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Chris Mattmann (on behalf of the Planning Team)

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann at nasa.gov