[ESIP-all] Survey on science data re-use - participants needed!

Ramdeen, Sarah ramdeen at email.unc.edu
Sun May 26 20:41:29 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,

My name is Sarah Ramdeen and together with Angela Murillo, we were awarded a Funding Friday student grant at the 2012 ESIP Summer Meeting.  The purpose of our project is to learn more about the viewpoints of ESIP members regarding their experiences with the re-use of science data.

As part of this project, you are invited to take part in a brief survey and share your experiences with us.  By filling out this survey you will help us get a better understanding of the skills ESIP members use to search for data, how this data is accessed and how ESIP members evaluate the trustworthiness of data sets.

This survey will take you approximately 10 to 15 minutes to complete.  No confidential material is being collected in this survey.  You may skip any question at any time (excluding a prescreening question).

Preliminary results of this survey were presented at the ESIP Winter Meeting in January 2013, and can be viewed on the ESIP commons (http://commons.esipfed.org/node/1068).  At this time we are attempting to gather additional data and hope to present the final results of the survey at the Archival Educators Research Institute (AERI http://aeri.gseis.ucla.edu/2013.html) later this summer in order to engage the archive and curation community in the conversation about science data needs.  Final results will also be updated on the ESIP commons page linked above.

For more information or to begin the survey please follow the link below:
https://unc.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1FyoCVG281ferKl

Thank you all in advance for your time and participation.  If you have any questions you may contact one of the two investigators by email: Sarah Ramdeen ramdeen at email.unc.edu<mailto:ramdeen at email.unc.edu> or Angela Murillo amurillo at email.unc.edu<mailto:amurillo at email.unc.edu>

For more information about Funding Friday
Funding Friday overview:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/FUNding_Friday_Projects

Summer Meeting 2012 Funding Friday overview:
http://commons.esipfed.org/node/490

Thank you again for your time,
Sarah Ramdeen and Angela Murillo
ESIP Student Fellows and PhD students at UNC-SILS

Sarah Ramdeen PhD Student
School of Information and Library Science
University of North Carolina
ramdeen at email.unc.edu<mailto:ramdeen at email.unc.edu>
http://ramdeen.web.unc.edu/