[ESIP-all] AGU Session on Search and Discovery of Scientific Data (IN031)

Joe Hourcle oneiros at grace.nascom.nasa.gov
Sun Jul 14 14:01:49 EDT 2013

On Jul 12, 2013, at 9:12 AM, Meyer, David wrote:

> (second announcement - apologies for cross-posting)
>
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> We are pleased to announce Special Session IN031 entitled Search and
> Discovery of Scientific Data at the 2013 Fall American Geophysical Union
> meeting on 9-13 December 2013 in San Francisco, California.

And if you're developing access that's intended for the general public,
there's also session on 'Improving Public Access to Science Research',
which is hidden under Public Affairs, so you can submit to both IN031
*and* PA008 if you so wish.

And even better, AGU's finally gotten around to giving a 'session search'
on their website, so we can actually see what the lists of sessions are,
rather than go through that horrible Abstract Central system:

	http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/scientific-program/session-search/

Or, specifically for the session David mentioned:

	http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/scientific-program/session-search/sessions/in031-search-and-discovery-of-scientific-data/

and for the one I'm helping to organize:

	http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/scientific-program/session-search/sessions/pa008-improving-public-access-to-science-research/

I'd list all of the proposed informatics related sessions, but it's
getting rather long these days, an the URLs are just plain ugly.

So, here are the 35 IN sponsored sessions:

	http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/scientific-program/session-search/?sectionfocus_group-2=105&l=%252F2013%252Fscientific-program%252Fsession-search%252F&session_general_search=1&search=1

And the 71 IN co-sponsored sessions:

	http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/scientific-program/session-search/?co-sponsors=105&l=%252F2013%252Fscientific-program%252Fsession-search%252F&session_general_search=1&search=1

There are some co-sponsored ones that look interesting, such as :

	ED013. Developing the Geoscience Workforce for the 21st Century
	ED017. Engaging Public Participation in Citizen Science Research
	ED018. Era of Citizen Science: Intersection of Outreach, Scientific Research and Big Data

And one that seems to hint at alcohol being involved:

	ED038. The Role of Scientists as Communicators: From the Classroom to the Pub

(and all of these are in ED, so again, you can submit one abstract in under PA or ED, and one in any other session)

-Joe