[ESIP-all] AGU Session on Search and Discovery of Scientific Data (IN031)

Meyer, David dmeyer at usgs.gov
Fri Jul 12 09:12:41 EDT 2013

(second announcement - apologies for cross-posting)

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce Special Session IN031 entitled Search and
Discovery of Scientific Data at the 2013 Fall American Geophysical Union
meeting on 9-13 December 2013 in San Francisco, California.

Please consider submitting an abstract for this Earth and Space Science
Informatics session.

AGU 2013 Meeting information is available at
http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/.

*Please note – the deadline for abstracts is 6 August 2013.*

Session IN031:  Increasing volumes and complexity of Earth science data
from multiple domestic and international organizations create the need to
improve discovery and provide users with more seamless cross-domain access.
Challenges for evolving data systems include life-cycle data stewardship,
data and system interoperability, rapid data delivery, and responsiveness
to changing user needs for tools that filter, subset and visualize data.
This session focuses on scalable data system technologies and approaches
for increasing efficiency and improving user experience. We are interested
in learning about both what has and has not worked in the past.

We look forward to hearing from you and thank your for considering this
opportunity to share your research and applications insights.  Please
forgive us if you receive multiple postings as we are seeking to distribute
this announcement broadly to reach as many disciplines as appropriate

Sincerely,

Michael Piasecki
City College New York
mpiasecki at ccny.cuny.edu