[ESIP-all] AGU 9 Climate Literacy Sessions - Please consider contributing an abstract

Tamara Ledley tamara_ledley at terc.edu
Sun Jul 14 15:17:13 EDT 2013

The CLEAN Network (formerly Climate Literacy Network) has organized 9
Climate Literacy sessions and a Workshop for the 2013 Fall AGU meeting in
San Francisco (December 9-13, 2013).  The titles of these sessions and the
workshop are below and I have attached a Word document that lists the
titles with their descriptions and the convenors.  We are also honored to
have one of these sessions accepted as a union session, U005: Climate
Literacy: The Role of the AGU Scientific Community in Climate Change
Communication and Engagement, through which we hope to engage a much
larger audiences, especially AGU scientists.  This session is by
invitation only.

Please consider submitting a contributed abstract to one or more of the 8
sessions below (you can only be first author of one contributed education
abstract).  We hope that the descriptions are distinct so you see where
your work fits.  However, given the interdisciplinary and
transdisciplinary nature of climate science we understand if you are
undecided which session to submit in.  You can contact the convenors or me
(I will be away July 15-21) if you need clarification.

The abstract deadline is August 6th.  You can submit your abstracts or
search the sessions here
https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/scientific-program/abstract-submission-policies/
or get other information about the meeting here
http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/.

Thanks and I hope you see you and hear about your work at the 2013 Fall
AGU meeting.
Tamara

AGU Climate Literacy Sessions
Fall 2013 Meeting

ED005: Climate Literacy and the Next Generation Science Standards for K-12
Education

ED007: Climate Literacy: Anytime, Anywhere Climate Communication -
Successful Strategies Outside the Classroom

ED008: Climate Literacy: Barriers, Misconceptions, and Progress in
Improving Climate Literacy

ED009: Climate Literacy: Beyond the Comfort Zone - New Approaches to
Climate Change in Higher Education

ED010: Climate Literacy: Impacts, Evidence, and Best Practices from
Research and Evaluation

ED011: Climate Literacy: International Climate Change Education Activities

ED012: Climate Literacy: Scaling Impacts of Climate Literacy Efforts
through Effective Partnerships and Networks

ED029: Climate Literacy- Beyond Climate Literacy: Toward Effective

Information about other Climate Literacy events:

U005: Climate Literacy: The Role of the AGU Scientific Community in
Climate Change Communication and Engagement - PRESENTATIONS IN UNION
SESSIONS ARE BY INVITATION ONLY - WE ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO ATTEND

AGU EDUCATION WORKSHOP – To be scheduled on Thursday of AGU week.  Plan to
schedule other sessions Monday through Wednesday.
Preparing for Global Change: Education, Collaboration and Community
Engagement to Enable a Science Savvy Society – Mark McCaffrey, Minda
Berbeco, Tamara Ledley

Tamara Shapiro Ledley, PhD
Senior Scientist, TERC
2067 Massachusetts Ave