[ESIP-all] Multiple Positions in Boulder Colorado
bsorget at neoninc.org
Sun Nov 10 19:40:40 EST 2013
Field Deployment Lead -Multiple Positions (Boulder, Colorado)
The National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON) is a $430 million dollar observatory project dedicated to understanding how changes in climate, land use and invasive species impact ecology. For the next three decades NEON will collect a comprehensive range of ecological data on a continental scale across 20 eco-climatic domains representing US ecosystems. NEON will use cutting edge technology including an airborne observation platform that will capture images of regional landscapes and vegetation; mobile, re-locatable, and fixed data collection sites with automated ground sensors to monitor soil and atmosphere; and trained field crews who will observe and sample populations of diverse organisms and collect soil and water data. A leading edge cyber-infrastructure will calibrate, store and publish this information. The Observatory will grow to 300+ personnel and will be the first of its kind designed to detect and enable forecasting of ecological change at continental scales.
Reporting to the Field Deployment Manager, the Field Deployment Team Lead is responsible for supervising and coordinating an assigned Field Deployment Team that deploys, performs checkout, test and commission of all instrumentation at assigned NEON Observatory domain locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Travel to assigned NEON Inc. tower construction sites.
* Supervise and coordinate a field team responsible for deploying instrumentation at FIU and aquatic domain locations* Assist with monitoring of budgets, schedules, resources and personnel for field deployment related activities.
* Provide feedback on instrumentation design and make suggestions for design improvements to assist with realization of all required fixtures, ordering and installing equipment, and test software
* Coordinate materials planning and ordering with the Field Deployment Team and with the Domain Field Manager to ensure efficient deployment of equipment to domain locations* Assist the Engineering Field Deployment Manager with the selection and supervision of contractors and vendors assigned to provide equipment, repair and services; assure contractors maintain project schedules, contract terms and budgeted costs
* Supervise quality and product assurance of instrumentation pre and post deployment to the domain locations
* Operate and maintain equipment used to evaluate operational performance and functional processes of instrumentation
* Supervise the development, control, maintenance and change process of all related documentation and databases
* Mentors and evaluates Field Deployment Team personnel
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills
:* Associates degree or higher in related field. Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
* Trade school certification or equivalent experience; preferred certification/experience in data communication; industrial technology, electrical or electronics.* Installation/Electrical Technician certification/training
.* High level of mechanical aptitude.
* 5 or more years' experience in operations with an emphasis on field deployment.
* 5 or more years' direct supervisory experience of 5-15 personnel
.* Strong knowledge of and experience working with data acquisition systems fabrication and test
.* Experience working with mechanical and gas delivery systems fabrication and test
.* Experience with test fixture design and realization
.* Experience performing equipment calibration and maintenance.
* Experience working with ERP materials planning and management
.* Experience managing line operations, resource and personnel.
* Ability to select and manage vendors and suppliers of deployment equipment, materials and repair services
.* Experience with process monitoring and uncertainty evaluation.
* Highly organized with the ability to multitask.
* Very effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Very effective interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate with others.
* Ability to work very effectively with diverse teams
.* Current and valid State issued driver's license with clean Department of Motor Vehicle record (parking violations, minor driving offenses excluded) as determined by NEON's insurance provider.
* Ability to move equipment and supplies weighing up to 250 lbs., with and without team and or equipment assistance.
* Ability to work on towers ranging in height from 24 feet to 300 feet and at altitudes of up to 11,000 feet.
* Depending on site assignments, ability to travel/ hike/walk on uneven terrain to work site.
* Ability to work according to deployment schedule which is 35 consecutive days on site work for each deployment.
* Ability to work effectively up to 12 hours per day.
* Ability to travel up to 75% time to remote research locations across the US and in Puerto Rico.
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
* Experience deploying and managing teams deploying instrumentation at remote field locations
.* Background in quality assurance, document control, and configuration management.
* Experience with mechanical, electrical, software, IT, requirement documentation.
* Experience working with electrical, mechanical, chemical, gas handling, network, RF communication and power systems.
* Experience working with gas delivery systems and calibration using reference gases.
* Experience working in a repair center or customer service center.
* Experience with full life cycle product development and good engineering practices.
* Certified as or in the process of obtaining electrician license.
* Certified as or in the process of obtaining Professional Engineer (PE) certification.
Term: This is a term position with work scheduled until end of construction, which is anticipated to be September 30, 2017.
Must have permanent authorization for US employment.
APPLY AT: WWW.NEONINC.ORG<http://WWW.NEONINC.ORG>
NEON Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply. - See more at: http://www.neoninc.org/jobs/leaddeploymenttech2013#sthash.X0adrmzG.dpuf
Bridget A. Sorget
Sr. Technical Recruiter
[cid:image003.png at 01CEDE3B.F7BBF490]
(National Ecological Observatory Network)
1685 38th Street, Suite 100
Boulder CO 80302
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 17798 bytes
More information about the ESIP-all