[ESIP-all] Please post!
bsorget at neoninc.org
Sun Nov 10 19:32:13 EST 2013
Field Installation Technician - Boulder, Colorado
The National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON) is a $430 million dollar observatory project dedicated to understanding how changes in climate, land use and invasive species impact ecology. For the next three decades NEON will collect a comprehensive range of ecological data on a continental scale across 20 eco-climatic domains representing US ecosystems. NEON will use cutting edge technology including an airborne observation platform that will capture images of regional landscapes and vegetation; mobile, re-locatable, and fixed data collection sites with automated ground sensors to monitor soil and atmosphere; and trained field crews who will observe and sample populations of diverse organisms and collect soil and water data. A leading edge cyber-infrastructure will calibrate, store and publish this information. The Observatory will grow to 300+ personnel and will be the first of its kind designed to detect and enable forecasting of ecological change at continental scales.
The Field Installation Technician will assist with tower deployment, installation, checkout, test and commissioning of all sensors and instrumentation at NEON Observatory domain locations throughout the US and Puerto Rico. This position reports to the Field Deployment Team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Travel to assigned NEON Inc. tower construction sites.
* Move building supplies and instrumentation (e.g., power boxes, soil arrays/sensors, wind sensors) to tower site.
* Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions for assembling, testing electronics units, applying knowledge of electronic theory and components.
* Test electronics units, using standard test equipment, and analyze results to evaluate performance and determine need for adjustment.
* Assemble, test, or maintain circuitry or electronic components, according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, or knowledge of electronics, using hand or power tools.
* Adjust or replace defective or improperly functioning circuitry or electronics components, using hand tools or related equipment.
* Write reports or record data on installation, testing techniques, or specifications to assist engineers.
* Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers or NEON engineers as necessary, to procure replacement parts.
* Record and update information in system logs or manuals to document testing or operation of equipment.
* Build, install, repair equipment and instrumentation at assigned remote tower locations, according to operational plan.
* Install, test, troubleshoot, and repair equipment and instrumentation at tower location.
* Coordinate and communicate with other teams to verify equipment and instrument installation work meets company needs, protocols and standards of quality.
* Follow NEON and site specific environmental protection requirements, policy and procedures.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
* Associates degree or higher in related field. Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
* Trade school certification or equivalent experience; preferred certification/experience in data communication; industrial technology, electrical or electronics.
* Installation/Electrical Technician certification/training.
* Experience with good engineering practices.
* 3-5 years of experience installing equipment, instrumentation and measurement devices.
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
* Experience with Product field maintenance and repair.
* Cell Phone Tower installation experience.
* Licensed electrician.
* High level of mechanical aptitude.
* Some knowledge of network setup and troubleshooting.
* Ability to read/work from blueprints and schematics.
* Very effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work very effectively with diverse teams.
APPLY AT: WWW.NEONINC.ORG<http://WWW.NEONINC.ORG>
NEON Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
Bridget A. Sorget
Sr. Technical Recruiter
[cid:image003.png at 01CEDE3A.81C872F0]
(National Ecological Observatory Network)
1685 38th Street, Suite 100
Boulder CO 80302
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 17798 bytes
More information about the ESIP-all