[ESIP-all] Fwd: [Rdap] Job posting: Research Data & Environmental Sciences Librarian, Cornell University Library
parsom3 at rpi.edu
Tue Feb 11 16:34:33 EST 2014
Looks like a cool job and Ithaca is a beautiful place…
Begin forwarded message:
From: "Sarah J. Wright" <sjw256 at cornell.edu<mailto:sjw256 at cornell.edu>>
Subject: [Rdap] Job posting: Research Data & Environmental Sciences Librarian, Cornell University Library
Date: February 11, 2014 at 12:45:54 PM MST
To: "rdap at mail.asis.org<mailto:rdap at mail.asis.org>" <rdap at mail.asis.org<mailto:rdap at mail.asis.org>>
We would like to invite applications for the position of Research Data & Environmental Sciences Librarian at Cornell University Library. If you are interested, please apply at http://careers.hr.cornell.edu/
Research Data & Environmental Sciences Librarian-22849
Albert R. Mann Library, part of the Cornell University Library, is looking for a creative energetic professional who is service oriented, technically skilled, and thrives in an innovative work environment. Candidates should have a strong background and interest in environmental science in order to develop and implement highly effective services in support of Cornell’s environmental sciences students, faculty and staff. The librarian will be a member of the campus-wide Research Data Management Service Group, and will work collaboratively to provide data management and data management planning services to the Cornell community. Working on a team with more than a dozen colleagues who make up the Mann Library Research and Learning Services and Collection Development librarians, the Research Data and Environmental Sciences Librarian will also have the opportunity to learn from and contribute to the overall public services program at Mann Library.
Under the direction of the Head of Research & Learning Services, the Research Data and Environmental Sciences Librarian:
* Develops and leads innovative information services for the environmental sciences research, learning and extension communities.
* Acquires and maintains expertise in information trends in environmental sciences disciplines.
* Participates in Library and campus research support service initiatives including those related to research profiles, and research data management, curation and preservation.
* Develops and supports services for documenting and distributing research data.
* Develops and maintains expertise in data issues for libraries.
* Provides quality reference, consulting, and liaison services, and teaches classes and workshops as assigned.
* Serves as liaison to selected environmental sciences activities and departments within College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
* Leads and/or participates in other innovative projects in information delivery.
* MLS from ALA accredited school or equivalent professional degree.
* Subject area background (degree or work experience) in environmental science, natural resources, ecology, or related field.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, service orientation.
* Demonstrated initiative and flexibility, and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
* Experience with computer and telecommunications technologies for information management and collaboration.
* Commitment to professional development.
* Work experience in an academic library.
* Experience teaching information management and computer technologies.
* Experience working with tools and technologies related to data management, such as relational databases, GIS software, scripting languages, etc.
Albert R. Mann Library has a long commitment to providing innovative information services. The Library’s collection of life sciences, agricultural and related social sciences materials serves the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, the College of Human Ecology, and the Division of Nutritional Sciences at Cornell. Mann Library is an integral part of the Cornell University Library. The recently renovated building is the vibrant hub for our primary Colleges. We provide leadership in the library community through projects such as VIVO (http://vivo.cornell.edu<http://vivo.cornell.edu/>), the USDA Economics, Statistics, and Market Information System (http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu<http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/>), the Cornell University Geospatial Information Repository (http://cugir.mannlib.cornell.edu<http://cugir.mannlib.cornell.edu/>), and the TEEAL (http://www.teeal.org/) and Research4Life (http://www.research4life.org/) programs which provide developing countries with free or low cost access to academic and professional peer-reviewed content.
Cornell University is an Ivy League comprehensive research university located in Ithaca in the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. The town and university offer a unique cosmopolitan and international atmosphere in a beautiful natural setting of waterfalls, gorges, and lakes. The university comprises 14 schools with over 2,700 faculty members and nearly 21,600 students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate and professional schools. The Cornell University Library is a vigorous professional organization with a strong track record in innovation and service quality. It contains nearly 8 million printed volumes, 99,000 current serials in print or online, over 650,000 additional networked electronic resources, and rich materials in other formats. The Library was a recipient of the Association of College and Research Libraries’ Excellence in Academic Libraries Award in 2002.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including 22 vacation days, 11 paid holidays, health insurance, life insurance, and university retirement contributions (TIAA-CREF and other options). Professional travel funding available.
Application Procedure: Please include a cover letter, resume, and the names, phone numbers, and addresses for three references. The deadline for applications is March 14, 2014. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery and engagement. Located in Ithaca, NY, Cornell's far-flung global presence includes the medical college's campuses on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and Doha, Qatar, as well as the new Cornell Tech campus to be built on Roosevelt Island in the heart of New York City.
Diversity and inclusion have been and continue to be a part of our heritage. Cornell University is a recognized EEO/AA employer and educator.
Sarah J. Wright
Life Sciences Librarian for Research
Albert R. Mann Library Cornell University Ithaca, NY 14853
Sjw256 at cornell.edu<mailto:Sjw256 at cornell.edu>
Rdap mailing list
Rdap at mail.asis.org<mailto:Rdap at mail.asis.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ESIP-all