[ESIP-all] Announcement regarding ESIP executive director

Carol Meyer carolbmeyer at esipfed.org
Wed Mar 12 06:33:50 EDT 2014

Dear Members of the ESIP Federation Community,

Thank you for the opportunity to have served the ESIP Federation during the
past 11 years. While it was with mixed emotion that I submitted my
resignation, I also am excited about the new challenges that await me in my
new role.  I am leaving behind the Earth science data and tech community to
join a healthcare association.

As our paths begin to diverge, please know that the ESIP Federation is
strong. It is fortunate to have gifted and committed leadership at both the
volunteer and staff levels. The ESIP Federation has always been about its
people and that has not changed. And with on-going support from the
Foundation for Earth Science, a formidable team is in place to continue
providing management and community services to the ESIP Federation.

I want to thank you for having made the past 11 years among the most
rewarding of my career - not to mention what it did for my personal life! I
value the many professional and personal relationships I made during my
tenure and will miss the camaraderie of ESIP. At the end of the month,
please know you can continue to reach me at carolbmeyer at gmail.com.

Warmest regards,

Carol

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Peter Fox <president at esipfed.org> wrote:

> ESIP members, and interested parties.
>
> It is with mixed emotions that I inform you all that our executive
> director Carol Meyer is moving on to the next challenge in her career.
> After 11+ years with the Federation and Foundation for Earth Science,
> including 6 years in leadership as Executive Director, Carol will begin her
> next phase at the end of this month in the health care sector. The
> Federation Executive Committee, the Foundation Board and Foundation staff
> are all working together during this transition time. All operational
> aspects of the Federation are expected to carry-on as usual (thanks Erin).
> In turn, we have all both wished Carol well and thanked her for the roles
> she has played in shaping both organizations.
>
> A major step will be the Foundation board meeting tomorrow. I wanted to
> inform the ESIP membership as-a-whole after two events that happened Monday
> and Tuesday of this week. On Monday, Karl Benedict (President of the
> Foundation Board) and I were in DC and met with our primary sponsors (NASA
> and NOAA) to inform them in person of these changes, and the likely process
> going forward. In addition we discussed the progress of Federation and
> Foundation activities in areas of interest to them. We received positive
> during our regular teleconference call.
>
> Details on all aspects of the transition process will be available from
> Karl and me in the coming days/weeks. In the meantime, if you have
> questions or concerns, please contact me or Karl (kbene at unm.edu).
>
> Regards,
>
> ---Peter Fox - ESIP President 2014-

Carol B Meyer