[ESIP-all] Announcement regarding ESIP executive director

Peter Fox president at esipfed.org
Tue Mar 11 22:49:58 EDT 2014

ESIP members, and interested parties.

It is with mixed emotions that I inform you all that our executive director Carol Meyer is moving on to the next challenge in her career. After 11+ years with the Federation and Foundation for Earth Science, including 6 years in leadership as Executive Director, Carol will begin her next phase at the end of this month in the health care sector. The Federation Executive Committee, the Foundation Board and Foundation staff are all working together during this transition time. All operational aspects of the Federation are expected to carry-on as usual (thanks Erin). In turn, we have all both wished Carol well and thanked her for the roles she has played in shaping both organizations.

A major step will be the Foundation board meeting tomorrow. I wanted to inform the ESIP membership as-a-whole after two events that happened Monday and Tuesday of this week. On Monday, Karl Benedict (President of the Foundation Board) and I were in DC and met with our primary sponsors (NASA and NOAA) to inform them in person of these changes, and the likely process going forward. In addition we discussed the progress of Federation and Foundation activities in areas of interest to them. We received positive responses on both items. Today, I informed the ESIP Executive Committee during our regular teleconference call.

Details on all aspects of the transition process will be available from Karl and me in the coming days/weeks. In the meantime, if you have questions or concerns, please contact me or Karl (kbene at unm.edu).

Regards,

---Peter Fox - ESIP President 2014-