[ESIP-all] Microsoft Azure4Research Talk ---- Scale out your Research Computation using Microsoft Azure

Chaowei Yang via ESIP-all esip-all at lists.esipfed.org
Fri May 30 10:41:42 EDT 2014

Chaitan,

It would be great to have a cloud computing session at EarthCube All-Hands. The ESIP cloud computing cluster is established to exchange ideas about cloud computing for geosciences. We have had great talks from Amazon, Eucalyptus, and several other companies talks as well as cross agency briefing, e.g., GeoCloud. And we'll have Azure4Research from Weming next Monday. Many publications were also generated from these discussions. It is the right time to set the foundation for EarthCube to adopt cloud computing and we hope that we can include some of the best practices in the EarthCube cloud discussion.

The meeting will be held next Monday 1-2pm EST. Please feel free to dial in the introduce the session in a few minutes.

Cheers,
Phil
Chaowei Phil Yang, Ph.D.,
Director, NSF Spatiotemporal Innovation Center; www.stcenter.net
Co-Director, Center for Intelligent Spatial Computing http://cisc.gmu.edu/
Chair, ISPRS ICWG IV/II: Computing Optimization for SDB and LBS http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/icwg42.html
Professor, GGS, GMU, http://ggs.gmu.edu/
http://cpgis.gmu.edu/homepage/
Tel: 703-993-4742 (O)

Yang C., Huang Q., Li Z., Xu C., Liu K., 2014. Spatial Cloud Computing: A Practical Approach. CRC Press. 358p.
Online content and downloads: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781466593169