[ESIP-all] ESIP Summer Meeting Room Block Ends Today & Early Registration Rate Extended to Next Wednesday, June 11

Erin Robinson via ESIP-all esip-all at lists.esipfed.org
Thu Jun 5 17:02:26 EDT 2014

Hi All -

We have extended the early registration rate
<https://www.regonline.com/esipfederationsummermeeting2014> for the ESIP
Summer Meeting from today to next Wednesday, June 11. After that member and
non-member rates will increase by $100. The other rates - student, 1-day,
etc. will stay the same.

*Summer Meeting Details:*

   - *Plenary Speakers & Ignite Talk Opportunity:* We have four plenary
   speakers lined up: Yolanda Gil, USC; James Howison, UT-Austin; Dan Katz,
   NSF; Jeff Morrisette, DOI North Central Climate Science Center. We also
   have space for 4-6 more Ignite-style lightning talks on software
   sustainability, *if you or someone you know is interested, please
   express interest here
   <https://docs.google.com/a/esipfed.org/spreadsheet/viewform?usp=drive_web&formkey=dGpuNngtc3dQbFRFMGFtdWdnYmZfdUE6MA#gid=0>.
    *
   - *Software Carpentry is a go! *We are super excited that we have two
   trainers from Software Carpentry coming for the Bootcamp, Thurs-Fri, July
   10-11. If you are interested in getting a handle of basic Python and coding
   best practices, this is the place for you.
   - *Housing Room Block*: The room block officially closes today and some
   room types are already sold out, but they will continue to offer the rate
   until all the rooms are sold. There are few efficiencies left at the
   Federal per diem rate.
   - ***Join Team Remote** * Enabling people to participate remotely is an
   important part of the ESIP Meeting and every time we do this we learn a
   bit more about the process. Team Remote will be the physical presence for
   remote attendees in each session and will monitor the chat and make sure
   things run smoothly in each room.* If you are interested in this let me
   know!*
   - *All meeting details*: http://esipfed.org/2014SummerMeeting

Each week in the Monday Update
<http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=ca50850794ee72b04765ac93c&id=8825b22c3d&e=[UNIQID]>
between now and ESIP I will be highlighting various activities that are
happening. If you have something you'd like to highlight, let me know.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in a few weeks!
Erin

 *Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>