[ESIP-all] AGU: Invitation for Collaboration and Interoperable Solutions session, #3949

Christine White via ESIP-all esip-all at lists.esipfed.org
Tue Jul 29 14:50:37 EDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,
We invite you to consider presenting on your cross-project collaboration efforts and interoperable solutions in our AGU session, #3949 "Mash-up of Heterogeneous Data Systems for Better Data Integration: Furthering Interoperability through Collaborative Communities".

As you know, the deadlines are soon approaching - August 6th is it!  Further details to inspire a great abstract from you:

Session ID#: 3949

URL for submitting an abstract: http://agu.confex.com/agu/fm14/in/papers/index.cgi?sessionid=3949

Session Description (also available at https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm14/webprogrampreliminary/Session3949.html):
As a society we are facing wicked Earth science problems that need input from a variety of different data sources and analysis tools. Often the burden is on the user to find, access and use data from a variety of different systems that are heterogeneous and cover different domains. Through collaborative, cross-domain efforts and adoption of standards such as ISO 19xxx/OGC, key interoperability challenges are being solved like metadata and data harvesting, merging underlying data models and used vocabularies, and the general enhancement of data integration related to small and big data. This session is targeted to all geoscientists, computer and information scientists who want to share their expertise and experiences in cross-project collaboration and highlight bright spots where because of collaborative efforts, interoperable solutions are being implemented between different data systems.

Primary Convener:  Bernd Ritschel, GFZ Potsdam, Potsdam, Germany
Co-conveners:  Peter Arthur Fox, Rensselaer Polytechnic Inst., Troy, NY, United States, Christine E White, ESRI, ESRI, Redlands, CA, United States and Toshihiko Iyemori, Kyoto Univ, Kyoto, Japan

Warm Regards,

Christine White
Esri SDI Solutions Team
909-793-2853 x4355