[ESIP-all] Last call for alcohol: AGU IN026-Near Real Time Data for Earth Science and Space Weather

Goodman, Michael (MSFC-ZP11) via ESIP-all esip-all at lists.esipfed.org
Tue Aug 5 00:10:10 EDT 2014

Well not exactly last call for alcohol but after receiving so many reminders for AGU you may want a stiff drink.  This is my last email for this AGU season.

—Michael

Michael Goodman
256-763-2071 NASA cell
202-358-1301 NASA office
----------------------------------
Subject: AGU IN026-Near Real Time Data for Earth Science and Space Weather

ESIP friends and colleagues,

IN026. Near Real Time Data for Earth Science and Space Weather Applications

Near real time data from satellite, airborne, and surface sensors are transforming existing end-user applications and spawning new ones. These applications demonstrate the utility of timely data in diverse Earth and space science disciplines including weather prediction, natural hazards, invasive species, agriculture, homeland security, oceanic and space weather applications. In addition to traditional computer analyses, the use of apps for smartphones and tablet computers presents an opportunity to improve and expand the timely usage of data products and services. This session seeks contributions that demonstrate the benefit of near real time scientific or social media data and identify gaps in current capabilities.

We held this session last year and it was the most popular Earth Science Informatics (IN) session in 2013 and we anticipate it to be just as popular this year.   This session is co-sponsored by Atmospheric Sciences (A), Geodesy (G), Natural Hazards (NH), Ocean Sciences (OS).  We expect considerable and diverse interest in the topic and we’re looking forward to an enjoyable and informative session.

We encourage you to contribute to our discussion on near real time data for science and science applications.

Index Terms
1223 Ocean/Earth/atmosphere/hydrosphere/cryosphere interactions [GEODESY AND GRAVITY]
1964 Real-time and responsive information delivery [INFORMATICS]
4337 Remote sensing and disasters [NATURAL HAZARDS]
7924 Forecasting [SPACE WEATHER]

Please note the abstract deadline is Wednesday, 6 August 2014, so please plan accordingly and submit your abstract soon.  The first author must be an AGU member.  If you are not an AGU member, you can join at https://membership.agu.org/join-renew/

Check the meeting website for updates, and complete submission policies: http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2014

Authors will be informed in September regarding the date and format (oral or poster) of their presentation.

We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for considering this opportunity to share your research and applications insights.  You probably will receive multiple postings as we are seeking to distribute this announcement broadly to reach as many disciplines as appropriate.

Gerald Bawden, United States Geological Survey
gbawden at usgs.gov<mailto:gbawden at usgs.gov?subject=AGU%20IN-026%20Near%20Real%20Time%20Data%20for%20Earth%20Science%20and%20Space%20Weather%20Applications>

H. Michael Goodman, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
michael.goodman at nasa.gov<mailto:michael.goodman at nasa.gov?subject=AGU%20IN-026%20Near%20Real%20Time%20Data%20for%20Earth%20Science%20and%20Space%20Weather%20Applications>

Kevin Murphy, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
kevin.j.murphy at nasa.gov<mailto:kevin.j.murphy at nasa.gov?subject=AGU%20IN-026%20Near%20Real%20Time%20Data%20for%20Earth%20Science%20and%20Space%20Weather%20Applications>