[ESIP-all] Big data analytics questions from EPA
McMahon.Ethan at epa.gov
Fri Feb 20 15:11:00 EST 2015
Hi ESIP folks,
EPA is planning to stand up a big data analytics service within the agency. We'd appreciate ideas from the ESIP community in a few areas:
1. What problems have you tried to solve using data analytics and/or visualization?
2. Are there any strategies or best practices you used to manage data within or between enterprise data systems?
3. What techniques make sense for integrating large or varied data from multiple sources?
4. What technologies have you used and how did you select them?
5. Did you use any particular training resources for using big data analytics systems, and if so which ones?
6. What lessons would be helpful for us to learn as we set up this service?
We're open to your ideas and we're ready to share what we have learned. Please respond to me directly (mcmahon.ethan at epa.gov<mailto:mcmahon.ethan at epa.gov>) or to the ESIP listserv as you deem appropriate.
By the way, these topics are related to the ESIP Earth Science Data Analytics Cluster<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Earth_Science_Data_Analytics>, so feel free to track that group's progress.
Ethan McMahon | US EPA | Office of Environmental Information | 202-566-0359
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ESIP-all