[ESIP-all] Web Services Cluster restart

soren scott sorenscott at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 13:54:44 EDT 2015

Hello,

After some discussions in Asilomar and earlier this year, it's clear that
there's a certain set that would benefit from having a more explicit place
for discussion. So, we are restarting the Web Services cluster to get at
issues with self-describing web services specifically, documenting those
services and other widely used services in the EO community that are
perhaps not well-served by current practices and identifying gaps in our
service zoo, ie are we neglecting data streaming services in these
discussions now. I encourage anyone who's interested in any of that (or
other related topics) to join us for the kick-off telecon for Monday,
September 14, at 2pm ET/11am PT and to participate in the Web Services
mailing list (http://www.lists.esipfed.org/mailman/listinfo/esip-webservices).
I'm also interested in hearing about any lessons learned from the last
incarnation of this cluster. I am not a fan of ignoring the history of a
thing so drop me a line.

*Agenda*

1. brief introduction
2. near-term cluster vision and goals

To get the ball rolling, I've set up a Google Sheet gathering potential
topics of interest:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rC-6gMnHZtGxH-97P04PxQ0jnccGC-NOwHmSYNWGMdE/edit?usp=sharing

3. telecon schedule

*Webex Connection info*
-------------------- To Join the online portion of the Personal Conference
meeting ------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------- 1. Go to https://esipfed.webex.com 2.
Click the “Meeting Center” tab 3. Select Web Services Cluster If a password
is required, enter the Meeting Password: 23138372 ---------------
To start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting w/ phone
-------------------- Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600 Call-in toll number
(US/Canada)*: +1-571-918-6008 Global call-in numbers: https://esipfed.
webex.com/esipfed/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=9910728&tollFree=1
Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollf
ree_restrictions.pdf Attendee access code: 231 383 72

Cheers,
Soren

Soren Scott
research coder