[ESIP-all] Postponed: October's Rant And Rave Webinar now on 13 Oct (Tuesday) at 11am MT

Ethan Davis edavis at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 7 18:03:59 EDT 2015

Hi all,

We have had to reschedule this months ESIP IT&I Rant and Rave Webinar. It
is now scheduled for next Tuesday (13 Oct) at 11am MT / 1pm ET.

Raj Pandya, Director of AGU's Thriving Earth Exchange, will introduce us to
the Thriving Earth Exchange and the Sharing Solutions project which is
being conducted in collaboration with Amazon Web Services. Some details on
his talk:

The Thriving Earth Exchange is a network and platform that connects
community leaders, sponsors, and scientists and helps them combine science
and local knowledge to solve on-the-ground challenges related to natural
hazards, natural resources, and climate change. I’ll talk about the general
principles on which we are building TEX and describe the basic modules that
are part of the TEX. Drawing on the lessons learned from our pilots, I'll
talk about how we are developing modules and launching new projects with
several partners. I’ll describe a range of projects – from a community
monitoring effort in Denver to a Pamiri Mountain project to integrate
climate projections into traditional calendars. I’ll introduce our nascent
“share” module, and describe our partnership with Amazon Web Services to
move prototype community-based solutions to the cloud to enhance their
adaptability. And, just to live up to the name, I’ll frame it all around a
small rant about the loading-dock model of science and a rave about more
participatory approaches.

Hope you can join us. Call-in information is below.

Cheers,

Ethan

To Join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
1. Go to https://esipfed.webex.com
2. Click join next to the IT&I meeting
If a password is required, enter the Meeting Password: 23136782

To start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting w/ phone