[ESIP-all] Joint CDI-ESIP Software & Data Carpentry Workshop

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Tue Oct 27 17:16:08 EDT 2015

Dear ESIP & BESSIG members,

The USGS Community for Data Integration and the Earth Science Information
Partners are exploring the possibility of jointly hosting a week of
training - 2 days of Software Carpentry and 2 days of Data Carpentry -
sometime in the February to May time frame in 2016. The workshops would be
at the USGS National Training Center in Denver, CO. Workshop participants
would be responsible for their own travel and accommodations (if not in the
Denver commuting area), but the costs of the training would be covered by
sponsoring institutions.

We are using this survey to gauge interest from the community to help plan
the event. These two programs have proven to be powerful enablers in the
broader scientific community, and we already have a number of volunteer
instructors from some of our organizations participating. We think that
hosting our own workshops across the Earth system sciences will offer some
great opportunities for network development and focused learning.

If you would be interested in participating, please fill out this form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1I_urwJBNPfxXc4uYyPU39k-2jzcRpynktah-RoIVkMY/viewform?usp=send_form>
and
we will work to set this event in motion.

Thank you,

Erin