[ESIP-all] 3 job openings at SSEC at the University of Wisconsin-Madison

Margaret Mooney Margaret.Mooney at ssec.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 28 12:14:26 EDT 2015

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Can You Help SSEC?
Date: 	Wed, 28 Oct 2015 10:58:22 -0500
From: 	Kate Kaminski <kate.kaminski at ssec.wisc.edu>
To: 	everyone list <everyone at ssec.wisc.edu>

*Help us get the word out about some of our current vacancies!*

Space Science and Engineering Center (SSEC) is looking for
self-motivated professionals who want to join our dynamic research
community.  Some of the positions we currently are recruiting for are:

SIPS Support Operator (PVL 84298):
<http://www.ohr.wisc.edu/Weblisting/External/PVLSummary.aspx?pvl_num=84298>Work
with a team using a high-performance dataingest, archive, and processing
system as part of the NASA Science Investigator-Led Processing System
(SIPS) for the Atmosphere discipline of the Suomi NPP Science Team.
Primary responsibilities include monitoring and troubleshooting the SIPS
processing systems.

Technical Computing Support (84451):
<http://www.ohr.wisc.edu/Weblisting/External/PVLSummary.aspx?pvl_num=84451>Work
within the SSEC Technical Computing Group and provide customer service
for users, infrastructure guidance and system design and planning to
support the SSEC central research mission. This position requires the
ability to advise and provide support to faculty, researchers and staff
of research programs in developing and using information systems.

GOES-R Programmer (84199)
<http://www.ohr.wisc.edu/Weblisting/External/PVLSummary.aspx?pvl_num=84199>:
This position will work within an established research environment on
innovative satellite instrumentation programs, and will involve close
collaboration with scientists and engineers in research, government and
industry. The successful candidate will play a key role in implementing
and integrating medium-to large-scale meteorological data processing
algorithms for the next generation U.S. Geostationary Operational
Environmental Satellite (GOES-R) program.

Check out the individual links for additional information - thanks for
helping us network!

--
Kate Kaminski
HR Manager