[ESIP-all] DataONE Webinar Tomorrow: Announcing DataONE Search, A New Way to Discover Data

Amber E Budden aebudden at dataone.unm.edu
Mon Dec 7 12:15:54 EST 2015

Dear ESIP Community

Please be reminded of the DataONE Webinar tomorrow (www.dataone.org/webinars
).

*Announcing DataONE Search: A New Way to Discover Data*

Chris Jones and Amber Budden, DataONE
Tuesday *December 8th at 9:00am Pacific / 12:00 noon Eastern*.

The webinar abstract is available below.  There is no cost
to registration however you must pre-register at:
www.dataone.org/upcoming-webinar.

We welcome you to join us for this and future webinars in the
series.  Webinars are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 12
noon Eastern Time.  They will be recorded and made available for viewing
latter the same day. A Q&A forum will also be available to attendees and
later viewers alike.

More information on the DataONE Webinar Series can be found at:
www.dataone.org/webinars and we welcome suggestions for speakers and topics.

Best
Amber

Webinar Abstract:
DataONE is a community driven project providing access to data across
multiple Member Node repositories, supporting enhanced search and discovery
of Earth and environmental science data. Data and metadata from across this
distributed network of data centers, science networks and organizations is
discoverable through DataONE Search, the newly released search and
discovery tool. This webinar will introduce the community to DataONE, to
the distributed network of DataONE Member Node repositories, the types and
volume of data exposed through the network and provide an overview
demonstration of DataONE Search. We will then describe the recent changes
in our v2 infrastructure and show how these advancements allow for new and
enhanced features within DataONE Search.

--
Amber E Budden, PhD
Director, Community Engagement and Outreach

Tel: 505-814-1112
Cell: 505-205-7675
Fax: 505-246-6007