[ESIP-all] Congrats to Ge Peng

Justin Goldstein jgoldstein at usgcrp.gov
Thu Feb 4 19:05:35 EST 2016

One of the perks of my position as ESIP Data Stewardship Committee chair
resides in congratulating colleagues on their excellent record of research,
publication, and other contributions to the Data Science community.

On behalf of the aforementioned committee, I am therefore thrilled to
officially congratulate Ge Peng, Jeff Privette, Edward Kearns, Nancy
Ritchey, and Steve Ansari on having authored the just proclaimed winner of
the NCEI Paper of the Year award.  This is quite an accomplishment, as NCEI
produces many excellent papers each year.  Their paper, "A Unified
Framework for Measuring Stewardship Practices Applied to Digital
Environmental Datasets" and related content are available as follows:

*Paper*: http://tinyurl.com/DSMMpaper

*Intro*: http://tinyurl.com/DSMMintro

*in pdf*:  http://tinyurl.com/DSMMslide

*self-evaluation template*: http://tinyurl.com/DSMMtemplate

Despite its relatively recent publication, this paper is already very
influential within the Data Science world.

Peng et al. - keep up the good work.  You continue to be quite an asset to
the Data Stewardship Committee and the broader informatics world.  The
committee is very grateful for your research contributions both in this
paper and beyond.

-Justin

--
Justin Goldstein, Ph.D.

1800 G Street NW, Suite 9100,  (*Note New Address)*
Washington, D.C. 20006, U.S.A.
phone: (202) 419-3496
e-mail: jgoldstein AT usgcrp Dot gov

http://www.globalchange.gov