[ESIP-all] ESIP IT&I has a new co-chair

Signell, Richard rsignell at usgs.gov
Tue Apr 19 15:04:57 EDT 2016

Ethan & ESIP community,

I'm excited to be joining the Information Technology and
Interoperability (IS&I) Committee and ESIP in general!

I'll be acting as scheduler for the IS&I "Tech Dive" webinars at
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Interoperability_and_Technology/Tech_Dive_Webinar_Series

So if you have great ideas for talks, let me know.
For example, I've already heard someone wants to hear a talk on Docker....

Thanks and I hope to see everyone on "Tech Dives"!

-- Rich

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 1:55 PM, Ethan Davis via ESIP-all
<esip-all at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Rich Signell, who many of you know, is joining me as co-chair of the ESIP
> IT&I Committee. Rich, who is with USGS at WHOI, has long been a champion of
> data interoperability. He has helped and encouraged many groups in their
> efforts to improve the accessibility of their data, always pushing pragmatic
> solutions.
>
> Thanks Rich!
>
> The first change you will notice involves the ESIP IT&I Rant-n-Rave webinar
> series. We are combining two similar webinar series into one that will
> hopefully be bigger, stronger, faster. So, ESIP IT&I Rant-n-Rave webinar
> series and the USGS Tech Stack webinar series will now be the ESIP / USGS
> Tech Dive webinar series.
>
> More information on the first Tech Dive webinar coming soon.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ethan

Dr. Richard P. Signell   (508) 457-2229
USGS, 384 Woods Hole Rd.