[ESIP-all] DataONE Users Group Meeting and Newsletter

Amber Budden aebudden at dataone.unm.edu
Fri Jul 8 12:01:57 EDT 2016

Friends,

The DataONE Users Group Meeting July 17th - 18th 2016, co-located with the ESIP summer meeting in Durham NC, is fast approaching and we will be closing our registration on Monday Jul 11th for final planning purposes.   With a theme of “Expanding Data Networks” the meeting focuses on new challenges and efforts in making data accessible, discoverable, usable, and reproducible through a series of DataONE led plenary presentations, a Member Node showcase, community posters and presentations, round-table discussions and interactive breakout sessions.

Registration for the two day meeting is free and is a great way to learn more about DataONE and contribute to our vision and development.  You may register at: http://bit.ly/DUG2016 <http://bit.ly/DUG2016>.  Our full agenda is online at: https://www.dataone.org/dataone-users-group/2016-meeting <https://www.dataone.org/dataone-users-group/2016-meeting>.

Our summer issue of DataONENews is also available for poolside reading and provides updates on cyberinfrastructure activities, community engagement and outreach, our newest Member Node partner, the Northwest Knowledge Network and information on our summer internship projects as well as an editorial by Bill Michener.  Take a look at: https://www.dataone.org/newsletters <https://www.dataone.org/newsletters>.

Best,
Amber

Amber E Budden, PhD
Director for Community Engagement and Outreach
DataONE
University of New Mexico
1312 Basehart SE
Albuquerque NM 87106