[ESIP-all] In Memoriam: Molly Macauley

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Tue Jul 12 19:58:33 EDT 2016

Dear ESIP -

This weekend Dr. Molly Macauley
<http://www.rff.org/blog/2016/memoriam-molly-macauley>, Vice President for
Research and Senior Fellow at Resources for the Future, was tragically
killed near her home in Baltimore. Molly has intersected the ESIP community
for years, was a champion of Earth science data and undoubtedly worked with
many on this list, so I wanted to remember her here.

Dave Jones, former ESIP President, CEO of StormCenter Communication and
colleague of Molly's shared the news with me earlier this week. He said,
"Molly combined her wealth of knowledge in remote sensing and economics
with her passion to determine the value of weather and climate information
to users and decision makers. She was kind and always open to conversations
regarding space, weather, climate and earth observation…and the Baltimore
Orioles and Ravens! Molly’s work and legacy will impact everyone she
encountered, forever. Having known Molly for more than 20 years I can
honestly say that her life was a true blessing to everyone who met her,
spoke with her or just glanced her way. Today the entire space, weather,
climate and science enterprise has its collective head bowed thinking of
just one word…why?

It will be important to honor Molly’s life and legacy, although it’s not
clear exactly how right now. Please keep her family in your thoughts.

Best,
Erin

Erin Robinson
Executive Director
ESIP Federation | Foundation for Earth Science
314-369-9954