[ESIP-all] Livestream Tomorrow, 9/22 @ 9ET - 'Harnessing the Data Revolution for Climate Resilience' presented by OSTP, Department of State & WRI

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Wed Sep 21 19:15:40 EDT 2016

Hi All -

Following the note that Peter Fox sent earlier today on the Whitehouse
OSTP, "Call on Climate Change and National Security", I wanted to share a Fact
sheet about the Presidential Memorandum (PM) on Climate Change and National
Security
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2016/09/21/fact-sheet-president-obama-takes-historic-step-address-national-security>
(signed
today) and let you know about a **second livestream activity happening
tomorrow morning at 9ET**, "Harnessing the Data Revolution for Climate
Resilience", hosted by the White House Office of Science and Technology
Policy, Department of State & WRI.

This event will highlight how the data revolution and public-private
collaborations for building climate resilience are creating more timely,
accessible, user-friendly, and user-customizable data to support decision
making.
*Details on connecting can be found
here: http://www.wri.org/events/2016/09/livestream-harnessing-data-revolution-climate-resilience
<http://www.wri.org/events/2016/09/livestream-harnessing-data-revolution-climate-resilience>*

Watch the White House page for additional details and outcomes from this
event. I will also share any news, in particular requests for input, in the
next Monday Update. These activities, both the PM on Climate Change &
National Security and the event tomorrow stress the importance of Earth
science data and technology for society are great leads into ESIP's 2017
theme & one of our 2015-2020 strategic goals: "Strengthen the ties between
observations and user communities (e.g. technologies, research, education
and applications)."  I'm excited to follow along and support as we can!

Best,
Erin

Erin Robinson

Executive Director

ESIP Federation

Cell: 314-369-9954 | Skype: erinmrobinson

Email: erinrobinson at esipfed.org

Website: esipfed.org