[ESIP-all] ESIP Nominations

Denise Hills dhills at gsa.state.al.us
Fri Oct 21 14:37:35 EDT 2016

Hello ESIP community!

I wanted to let you know that nominations are officially open for ESIP leadership positions. Self-nominations are allowed (and even encouraged!). The nominations committee is already hard at work looking for potential nominees. If you’ve already nominated someone or yourself, expect a message from one of the committee members in the near future, if you haven’t already heard from us.

We have developed an evolving position description document, available here<http://goo.gl/3ijbbd>. Additionally, some roles will be changing slightly if the member resolution<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EHibcxtYnHVvs4wc8JfJhdXhogyQP_hXb0dM9nLgNJc/edit> passes. Details on these changes, if you missed the Assembly-wide call in early October, can be found on the slides<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1BNVvAjdVTSk0qt123J4fQkCzZY9KehSdVO6XNqUCqfI/edit#slide=id.g17fb2fb0d5_0_0> presented there.

ESIP leadership positions for which we are soliciting nominations are (I’ve included incumbents and whether they are eligible to continue, where applicable):

Program Committee (currently termed Ex-Com):
President (Emily Law is in her first term, and eligible for a 2nd term).
Vice President (Christine White is in her first term, and eligible for 2nd term)

Administrative Committee Chairs:
Finance (Bill Teng is in his second term, and therefore ineligible for another term)
Governance (formerly C&B) (Ken Keiser is in his second term, and therefore ineligible for another term)
Partnership (Danie Kinkade is in her first term, and eligible for a 2nd term)

Technical Standing Committee Chairs:
IT&I (Ethan Davis is in his 2nd term and ineligible for another term)
Products and Services (Soren Scott is in her first term and eligible for a 2nd term)
Data Stewardship (Justin Goldstein is in his 2nd term, and ineligible for another term)
Semantic Web (Tom Narock was appointed as chair, since this was a newly established committee)
Education (Luann Dahlman is in her 2nd term, and ineligible for another term)

Board positions
The board will consist of the president, VP, administrative committee chairs, and at-large members. Three at-large members will be elected this cycle.
At large Board Member (3)

I also wanted to remind you of the chance to recognize your peers through nominations for ESIP awards<http://esipfed.org/peer-recognition>. The deadline for most awards is Oct. 31, so please don’t delay in getting your nominations in!

If you have any questions about the nominations process or about being nominated, please don’t hesitate to contact me or any member of the  nominations committee<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Nomination_Committee>. I appreciate all every one of you does to make ESIP such a great organization!

On behalf of the 2016 nominations committee,
Denise

Denise Hills
Director, Energy Investigations
Geological Survey of Alabama