[ESIP-all] Check out the daily ESSI-entials @ AGU Fall Meeting

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Sun Dec 11 11:43:30 EST 2016

Hi All -

The AGU ESSI program leads have done a great job of planning out this
coming week. New this year, each day has a daily theme:

   - Monday - Emerging Technologies
   - Tuesday - Building Blocks (+ ESSI Reception)
   - Wednesday - Collaboration (+ Ignite at AGU
   <https://www.facebook.com/events/1175196939223948/>)
   - Thursday - Data Life Cycle
   - Friday - Tools & Viz

We have started a wiki page <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/2016_AGU> as
a digital space for the ESSI schedule + special notes about the day.
Add/promote your work, make announcements, look for dinner pals etc here.
Two quick notes:

   1. If you are convening a poster session that will have a flash mob
   component - please add that to the wiki
   <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/2016_AGU>.
   2. If there are other sessions beyond ESSI that might be of interest
   please add to this google doc
   <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DhG0TaMDNmWTX31Cz7Tfik-69LmIJtXmpZmqDKPBePQ/edit?usp=sharing>
   .

We will send a brief email every evening to the ESSI list (
earth-space-science-informatics at lists.nasa.gov) with the upcoming
ESSI-entials for the next day. We'll be tweeting with #AGU16 and #ESSI
<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23AGU16%20%23ESSI&src=typd>. ESIP will also
have a booth (#247), if you have material you'd like to share we'll be
there Tues-Friday. Stop by and say hi!

If you are not coming to AGU, there is some content that will be streamed
live and available on-demand including the talk with Rebecca Moore from
Google and the Leptoukh Lecture given by Cyndy Chandler. Details are here
<http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2016/virtual-options/>.

Best,
Erin

Erin Robinson

Executive Director

ESIP

Cell: 314-369-9954 <(314)%20369-9954> | Skype: erinmrobinson

Email: erinrobinson at esipfed.org

Website: esipfed.org