[ESIP-all] Senior Level Research Scientist position with the Arizona Geological Survey

Jamie Ryan eddardstarke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 14:44:40 EST 2017

Hello all;

We are looking for a geoscientist to join the Arizona Geological Survey.
The ideal candidate will be an earth scientist with expertise in
geoinformatics. A successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual
who can work independently, manage responsibilities within the division,
work collaboratively with other division members and other staff
geologists, and develop research proposals for external funding. Candidate
must have the ability to engage with staff with varying technical knowledge.

At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we
know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing
innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an
inclusive academic community. We translate these values into action by
seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse
students, colleagues and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a
wide range perspectives and experiences, we encourage diverse candidates to
apply, including people of color, women, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who
will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating
a university that values student, staff, and faculty engagement in
addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.

Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans;
life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and
holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified
family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA
recreation and cultural activities; and more!

Accepting a new position is a big life step. We want potential candidates
and their families to be able to make informed decisions. Candidates who
are considering relocation to the Tucson or Phoenix area, and have been
offered an on-site interview, are encouraged to use the free services
offered by Above & Beyond Relocation Services (ABRS).Ask your department
contact to be introduced to ABRS prior to your visit.

The University of Arizona has been recognized on Forbes 2015 list of
America’s Best Employers in the United States and has been awarded the 2016
Work-Life Seal of Distinction by World at Work! For more information about
working at the University of Arizona, please click here.

Please see this link <https://uacareers.com/postings/16393> for additional
information (https://uacareers.com/postings/16393).