[ESIP-all] Data Management Job Opportunity with the National Agricultural Library (Open 5/22 through 5/30/2018)
Susan.McCarthy at ARS.USDA.GOV
Tue May 22 16:58:54 EDT 2018
The National Agricultural Library has a job opportunity for a Technical Information Specialist (Big Data Informatics). The job opportunity is open from Tuesday, May 22 through Wednesday, May 30, 2018. For details please see the announcement https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500341700.
The position is located in Beltsville, Maryland. We are looking for an experienced specialist to manage the Ag Data Commons, a data catalog and repository (https://data.nal.usda.gov/). The Ag Data Commons focuses on agriculturally relevant research data. The incumbent also serves as a data management consultant. We are committed to the use of best management practices and standards, especially in the area of data formats and metadata description.
Major duties for the position may include but are not limited to:
* Develops, studies, and applies informatics methods, approaches and processes to innovate and refine how the big data can be better collected, curated and organized.
* Establishes Digital Object Identifiers (DOI) to datasets.
* Develops and enhances systems, platforms and infrastructures needed to filter, store, manipulate, identify, discover and share large and open datasets.
* Interprets and manages user requirements for scientific database and repository systems that are based on national and international standards and best practices.
* Collaborates with other specialists to enhance the computational performance and architecture of scientific systems.
Some travel is required.
The position is open to all US citizens, no prior Federal work experience is needed. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We also request that you share this announcement with other potential candidates.
Please forgive any cross-postings.
Susan McCarthy, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Knowledge Services
National Agricultural Library
Susan.Mccarthy at ars.usda.gov<mailto:Susan.Mccarthy at ars.usda.gov>
This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ESIP-all