[ESIP-all] Student and Early-Career Professional Travel Grants for US2TS 2019
Ma, Xiaogang (email@example.com)
max at uidaho.edu
Fri Nov 9 14:24:53 EST 2018
Student and Early-Career Professional Travel Grants for US2TS 2019
Students and Early-Career Professionals in U.S. are eligible to apply travel grants to attend US2TS 2019 (http://us2ts.org/2019/ ). The grants are funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and the US National Science Foundation (NSF).
The application is open to students (both graduate and undergraduate), postdocs and early-career professionals (within 7 years after receiving highest degree) in U.S.
How to Apply
The application of the travel supports will follow a few steps:
1. 1) Deadline of application: December 23, 2018. Maximum amount per award: $1,025.00.
2. 2) Applicants fill out an online US2TS2019 travel support application form HERE
(. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DR-<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DR-kEllbD6zMTkn23wDz3SLG73jiblEbutECIIAuJuI/>kEllbD6zMTkn23wDz3SLG73jiblEbutECIIAuJuI/<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DR-kEllbD6zMTkn23wDz3SLG73jiblEbutECIIAuJuI/> ).
3. 3) Student applicants should ask supervisor to submit a letter of support to Prof. Marshall Ma max at uidaho.edu<mailto:max at uidaho.edu> before the application deadline. The supervisor’s letter should mention the full name of the student, describe the benefits for the student to attend the symposium, and provide written statements regarding availability (or lack thereof) of travel funds for the students from NSF and other funding sources, and should commit to covering the cost of travel in excess of the maximum travel grant (i.e. $1,025.00) from US2TS. Student applications without a letter of support will not be evaluated.
4. 4) Selection criteria: The evaluation and selection will depend on the information and needs stated in the application form and the supervisor’s letter of support (for student applicants). The symposium will select participants for maximum diversity on gender, minorities, topic coverage, state of origin and research groups.
5. 5) The organizing committee will announce the result to each applicant before January 05, 2019. Information about the reimbursement procedure will be attached with the announcement to successful applicants.
6. 6) Approved applicants register for the symposium on the US2TS2019 website, and book flights and hotels. Please note all flights must be either on a US-flag carrier or ticketed through an US-carrier.
Xiaogang (Marshall) Ma
CS Dept., University of Idaho
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ESIP-all