[ESIP-all] Technical Information Specialist (Agroecological Informatics) -- Job Opportunity with the National Agricultural Library (Closes September 10, 2019)
susan.mccarthy at usda.gov
Tue Sep 3 14:00:56 EDT 2019
The National Agricultural Library has an open job opportunity for a Technical Information Specialist (Agroecological Informatics) in the Knowledge Services Division in Beltsville, MD. The position is located in the Scientific Data Management Branch.
The job opportunity is open from Tuesday, September 3 through Tuesday, September 10, 2019.
We are seeking an individual, with experience, who will manage a catalog describing and pointing to the location of research data with significant geospatial characteristics. Research is described using the international ISO 19115 metadata standard. The incumbent spends considerable effort in gathering and analyzing user requirements and translating these requirements into new features and system enhancements.
Major duties include but are not limited to:
* Developing and managing geospatial, physical, and environmental data for the National Agriculture Library.
* Ensuring emerging technologies and computational platforms are considered and adopted to enhance the computational performance and architecture of systems.
* Performing data acquisition, quality assurance and control, single user or community curation, metadata editing, and publishing.
* Developing data acquisition and life cycle management policies.
* Communicating program initiatives through web-based communications, formal presentations, personal contacts, published articles, and other means of communications.
This is a GS-13 term, time limited appointment with an initial duration no less than 13 months and can be extended up to a total of 4 years.
Occasional travel is expected.
Please direct questions to:
aryelle.smith at usda.gov<mailto:aryelle.smith at usda.gov>
This competitive position is open to the public, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We request that you share this announcement with other potential candidates.
Please excuse any cross-postings.
Susan McCarthy, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Knowledge Services
National Agricultural Library
This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ESIP-all