[ESIP-all] RE-POSTED: Lead Librarian Vacancy at the National Agricultural Library (Closes 7/17/2020)
susan.mccarthy at usda.gov
Wed Jul 8 14:04:13 EDT 2020
Due to technical problems this position was re-posted. If you applied under the original listing - please apply again with the new listing.
Job Opportunity is Open Until Friday, July 17, 2020:
Open to the public and career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, and RPL) - apply here -- https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/572717800
Current Federal employees (competitive service), career transition, individuals with disabilities, land & base management, military spouses, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps Vista, Veterans, and Special authorities - apply here -- https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/572718000
We apologize for the inconvenience.
From: McCarthy, Susan
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2020 2:21 PM
To: Peralta, Yowei - AMS <yowei.peralta at usda.gov<mailto:yowei.peralta at usda.gov>>
Subject: Lead Librarian Vacancy at the National Agricultural Library (Closes 7/9/2020)
The National Agricultural Library (NAL) has an open position for a Lead Librarian (GS-13) in the Customer Services Unit of the NAL Information Products Division. The incumbent serves as the Team Leader for the Customer Services Unit providing literature searching, systematic reviews, bibliometric, and other services. The position closes on Thursday, July 9, 2020.
The position is open to the public.
Please apply here -- https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/571785500
We are seeking candidates with experience in providing customer service in support of library programs and functions; performing searches for systematic or other type of literature reviews; coordinating programs for a scientific or research library; and conducting outreach or instructional programs.
* Leads the development of NAL's services in literature searching (including systematic reviews, structured searches, rapid reviews, retrospective reviews, etc.) and citation analysis (including bibliometrics, data visualization, etc.).
* Provides overall coordination for a variety of special projects relating to strategic programs that cross-cut information center programs.
* Contributes to the growth and management of NAL's collection of agricultural and related materials by recommending content to acquire or to remove from the collection based on obsolescence, lack of use or duplication.
* Provides training, presentations, and outreach on NAL resources related to collections, resources, databases and literature access.
* Keeps abreast of current technology, information trends, policies, programs, approaches, and analysis methods, including such topics as open access, scholarly communication, e-science/e-research and distance education.
* Interacts with customers to answer questions, provide information about NAL's collections, content, programs and services, recommend avenues for investigation, or refer to likely sources of assistance.
* Analyzes search-related data and keywords, shifts in research topics, and customer information-seeking behavior to spot trends and identify opportunities for improving NAL collections, programs and services.
Occasional travel may be expected.
Please direct all questions to:
E-mail: aryelle.smith at usda.gov<mailto:aryelle.smith at usda.gov>
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We also request that you share this announcement with other potential candidates.
Please excuse any cross-postings.
Susan McCarthy, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Knowledge Services
National Agricultural Library
Susan.Mccarthy at ars.usda.gov<mailto:Susan.Mccarthy at ars.usda.gov>
This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ESIP-all