[ESIP-all] Tell us your experience working with the Feds and how we could make it better

Ransom, Barbara L. bransom at nsf.gov
Thu Nov 5 07:56:42 EST 2020

I am now sitting on the interagency working group on Earth Observing that just published its National Plan on Civilian Earth Observing back in December of last year.  I am now involved in writing the implementation plan for the National Plan.  Many places in the National Plan talk about government expanding engagement with the private sector and I wanted to talk to some companies in the sector to find out what their experiences have been and what they think would make things easier and/or better from their perspective.  I would consider anything said to be completely confidential so there will be no attribution to any one company or person in whatever I write and share with colleagues.  I will be talking to a number of companies (large and small) so I can get the full perspective across the enterprise.

Barbara Ransom, PhD
Program Director
National Science Foundation
Directorate of Geosciences, Integrated Activities Group
bransom at nsf.gov<mailto:bransom at nsf.gov>  (703) 292-7792
Rm: C-8063

Check out the NSF iCORPS Program https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2018/nsf18515/nsf18515.pdf. It helps extend impacts of NSF-funded research beyond the lab into the market place, accelerating the economic and societal benefits of basic research projects. Be an entrepreneur! Call me to find out more.