[ESIP-all] Opportunity - USGS Library Director

Frame, Mike mike_frame at usgs.gov
Mon Jan 4 12:06:06 EST 2021

Everyone,

I’d like to make you all aware of a recent position we have announced in USGS for a Library Director.  The position can be located in Reston, VA or Denver, CO and is open to all Federal employees and the general public.

We appreciate your sharing and/or helping us find the perfect candidate to lead our Library in support of our 21st Century USGS Science activities.

Below is a summary and link to the full position announcement on USAJobs.gov

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587727000<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usajobs.gov%2FGetJob%2FViewDetails%2F587727000&data=04%7C01%7Cmike_frame%40usgs.gov%7C2e4f8840b4b84300026208d8b0d2a8fc%7C0693b5ba4b184d7b9341f32f400a5494%7C0%7C0%7C637453766120472716%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=q1oEEXF7HOtJN63%2F3Ucj807elOH0bTTkHab6Y%2BorSNk%3D&reserved=0>
Summary

Open & closing dates: 12/21/2020 to 01/23/2021

Open to: General Public AND Current/Former Federal employees

Pay scale & grade: GS 14

Salary: Reston, VA
$121,316 (Step 01) to $157,709 (Step 10)
OR
Salary: Lakewood, CO
$118,202 (Step 01) to $153,659 (Step 10)
Responsibilities
This position serves as the Library Director for the USGS Libraries Program located in Science Analytics and Synthesis in the Core Science Systems Mission Area. Some of your specific duties will include:

  *   Provides national leadership over the USGS Libraries Program functions to ensure consistent program planning and execution among all components as well as oversees planning and manages allocations for the program portfolio.
  *   Provides direction and oversight on strategic planning, information dissemination, and data Integration and interoperability activities.
  *   Carries out extensive outreach activities regarding office responsibilities. Writes and presents briefings, technical papers, budget justifications, and documentation to USGS managers and executives, Department of the Interior managers and executives, management representatives of other Federal agencies, national and international cooperators, and customers to communicate the functions and responsibilities of the USGS Libraries Program.
  *   Serves on inter-bureau and inter-agency groups concerned with organization and management of Federal programs.
  *   Supervises and manages professional, technical, and support staff, directly and through subordinate supervisors.

Mike Frame
U.S. Geological Survey | Core Science Systems | Science Analytics and Synthesis (SAS)
Building 1916T2, 230 Warehouse Road
Oak Ridge, Tennessee  37830
Office Phone: 865 576-3605
Cell Phone: 303 886-7352