[ESIP-all] Librarian (Biological Sciences) at the National Agricultural Library (closes Monday, June 7, 2021)
susan.mccarthy at usda.gov
Mon May 24 12:42:58 EDT 2021
The National Agricultural Library has a vacancy for a GS-11/12 Librarian (Biological Sciences). The position serves as the Librarian (Biological Sciences) in the Animal Welfare Information Center in the Information & Customer Service Branch of the Information Product Division. The position is located in Beltsville, MD. The job opportunity announcement closes on Monday, June 7, 2021.
The position is open to the public.
Please apply here -- USAJOBS - Job Announcement<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usajobs.gov%2FGetJob%2FViewDetails%2F602276700&data=04%7C01%7C%7C65d86e88dbaf4fc5a5c708d91ec83061%7Ced5b36e701ee4ebc867ee03cfa0d4697%7C0%7C0%7C637574667693711150%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=TVw5eny5z37X%2FJa3b7MPZ%2Fv920BA9NXkGIKIutBSUnE%3D&reserved=0>
The incumbent serves as the Librarian for the national Animal Welfare Information Center; participates in outreach activities, the selection and acquisition of materials and information products for collection, and the development of information analysis products in the biological and veterinary sciences.
* Maintains awareness of current developments in library automation and technical services through professional development and continuous improvement activities.
* Compiles the information requested into usable information packages. Documents pertinent information about reference transactions, including data collection, using online systems such as RefTracker.
* Provides technical reference and research services to a wide range of clientele. Formulates and performs subject searches mostly on topics relevant to the use of animals in research, testing, education, and on exhibit as mentioned.
* Provides information on NAL programs and services assisting in formal and informal presentations to the national and international agricultural and scientific communities and others interested in research, technical assistance, and education.
* Interacts with customers to answer questions, provide information about NAL?s collections, content, programs and services, recommend avenues for investigation or refer to likely sources of assistance.
* Creates or adds appropriate metadata, classification, and search capabilities to facilitate easy access to, and ongoing maintenance of, available content.
* Contributes to the development of NAL?s services in literature searching (including systematic reviews, structured searches, rapid reviews, retrospective reviews, etc.) and citation analysis (including bibliometrics, data visualization, etc.).
* Compiles, edits or authors various types of bibliographic and non-bibliographic information products on topics appropriate to animal welfare.
Occasional travel may be required.
Please direct questions to:
E-mail: aryelle.smith at usda.gov<mailto:aryelle.smith at usda.gov>
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We also request that you share this announcement with other potential candidates.
This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ESIP-all