[ESIP-all] *TODAY* ESIP Webinar: An Earth and Space Knowledge Commons (9/29 at 1 pm ET)

Megan Carter megancarter at esipfed.org
Wed Sep 29 09:16:43 EDT 2021

The Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP <http://esipfed.org/>) present

*Leading Innovation in Earth Science Data Frontiers  *
*An Earth and Space Knowledge Commons (*TODAY* Wed. Sept. 29th at 1 pm
ET/10 am PT)*

Our technological and physical expansion into space exemplifies the growing
interconnections between Earth and the space environment. The
inseparability of the space environment from Earth and life on it reveals
cracks and inadequacies in our data and knowledge infrastructure to
integrate the different domains. The key to a flourishing community of
Earth and space research is in improved knowledge systems (ways of
representing our information). We will highlight a few efforts toward
improved knowledge representation systems, emphasizing the importance
of *thinking
in graphs/networks*, and spark a discussion toward a framework to address
the asymmetries: a *knowledge commons *[McGranaghan et al., 2021
<https://knowledgestructure.pubpub.org/pub/space-knowledge-commons>].
*Speaker: *Ryan McGranaghan, Principal Data Scientist & Aerospace
Engineering Scientist, ASTRA Associates

*Learn more and register: HERE
<https://www.esipfed.org/news/next-innovation-webinar-earth-space-knowledge-commons>.*