[ESIP-all] *TODAY* ESIP Webinar on Innovation: 3D-Printed IoT Weather Stations (10/29 at 2 pm ET)

Megan Carter megancarter at esipfed.org
Fri Oct 29 08:25:26 EDT 2021

The Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP <http://esipfed.org/>) present

*Leading Innovation in Earth Science Data Frontiers  *
*3D printed IoT weather stations for citizen science, education and
low-cost weather measurement (*TODAY* Friday October 29th at 2 pm ET/11 am
PT)*

The rise of low cost Internet of Things platforms and 3D-printing
technologies has given rise to innovation in a multitude of areas.  With a
wide array of sensors befitting weather measurement, and the subsequent
rise of inexpensive, high quality 3d-printers, weather stations have made
for fertile ground for weather measurement in a variety of contexts from
K-12 education, community-driven citizen science and basic research.  In
this talk, we will describe our work with IoTwx, an IoT-based 3d-printed
weather station that provides a flexible platform for research, education,
and citizen science.  We will expand on the opportunity IoTwx represents to
expose K-12 and undergraduates to IoT, data science, edge computing and
engineering concepts, in addition to its potential to augment research for
high-quality, low-cost data collection.
*Speakers: *Keith Maull (Software Engineer, Research Library at NCAR) &
Agbeli “Ag” Ameko (Associate Scientist, NCAR Computational & Informations
Systems Lab)

*Learn More & Register: HERE
<https://www.esipfed.org/news/next-innovation-webinar-3d-printed-weather-stations>.*

*Questions?* Send to staff at esipfed.org