[ESIP-all] New ESIP blog + call for sessions - open through Friday

Allison Mills allisonmills at esipfed.org
Tue Apr 26 15:34:20 EDT 2022

Hi All,

There are a few highlights from this week's ESIP Update that we want to
make sure to share with you. You can always subscribe and get the weekly
emails: esipfed.org/subscribe or catch the cross-posting to the #general
channel on ESIP's Slack <https://esip-slack-invite.herokuapp.com/>.

Thanks,
Allison from ESIP

ESIP News and EventsCall for Sessions open through Friday April 29

What makes ESIP Meetings different? All of you.

Community-led breakouts, working sessions and collaborations are the heart
of ESIP Meetings. The session proposal portal
<https://esipfed.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca50850794ee72b04765ac93c&id=171837ae0a&e=d9c0717ea8>
remains
open through this Friday, April 29.
New blog: Five tips to organize a great ESIP Meeting session

Our ESIP Community Director Megan Carter joins Charley Haley from Way
Foragers in our latest blog post on Merge: ESIP News and Stories
<https://esipfed.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca50850794ee72b04765ac93c&id=dab0ccabb3&e=d9c0717ea8>.
They offer ideas for creating sessions that are productive and collaborative
<https://esipfed.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca50850794ee72b04765ac93c&id=d5a6d32380&e=d9c0717ea8>
(and
there's even a handy ternary chart).

Charley will be leading workshops and one-on-one consultations in June for
session organizers to prepare for the July 2022 ESIP Meeting. Stay tuned!

ESIP Lab RFP: Machine learning tutorials

The RFP is for microgrants that will help make ML educational materials
more robust and accessible for Earth science researchers and educators. (Check
out the Q&A blog post about two examples.
<https://esipfed.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca50850794ee72b04765ac93c&id=f3eb656d02&e=d9c0717ea8>)
The call is open through May 15.

*Allison Mills *(she/her)
Communications Manager
Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
esipfed.org

Follow @ESIPfed <https://twitter.com/ESIPfed> 🌐

*ESIP is supported by NASA, NOAA, and USGS*