[ESIP-all] *TODAY* Session Proposals Due for January ESIP Meeting

Megan Carter megancarter at esipfed.org
Mon Nov 13 10:09:22 EST 2023

*January ESIP Meeting Call for Sessions (Due *TODAY* Nov. 13)*
In case you missed it, *the call for sessions
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rMt2-5oyI2y0CJKUyPN_jYDS6eAyDqjYB253OTRzCBs/edit>
for
the 2024 January Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) Meeting (Jan
22-26, 2024; ONLINE) is out and due today (by 11:59 pm PT)*!

On the fence about submitting a session? Submit as complete a proposal as
you can at this time. Not all sessions are guaranteed acceptance, but ESIP
staff and our Session Design Consultant, Charley Haley, can work with you
to further shape your session into a lively and productive experience,
while also connecting you to others (session organizers & speakers) who
share similar goals and interests.

ESIP's 2024 theme is *Grounded in Trust: Data Ethics Empower Collaboration*.
There are many paths and perspectives in this discussion. Potential topics
to explore: how methodologies, metadata, and/or long-term stewardship build
trust in Earth science data, computing, and technology. What builds trust
that those data and systems will be reliable, accessible, and available for
years to come? How does our community help ensure that data are gathered,
stewarded, and managed ethically? At every stage in the data life cycle —
from data collection, data use and reuse, AI and ML workflows, as well as
storage, processing, and archiving — ethical, trustworthy processes require
teamwork. How can we work together to ground our professions in data ethics
and trust? Relevance to our year theme is not essential, but incorporating
some element of the theme is encouraged.

*READ THE FULL CALL FOR SESSIONS AND SUBMIT HERE
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rMt2-5oyI2y0CJKUyPN_jYDS6eAyDqjYB253OTRzCBs/edit>*

In case you're wondering, registration for the January Meeting will be open
later this month. *Subscribing to the ESIP Update
<https://esipfed.org/subscribe> is the best way to stay in-the-know on
upcoming ESIP Meetings and other important news in the community*.

*Questions? *Please share with staff at esipfed.org.