[ESIP-AQ] NO2 Workshop Invitation

Stefan Falke stefan at wustl.edu
Tue Oct 16 16:14:40 EDT 2007

Dear AQ Cluster,

Please consider the following an official invitation to the NO2 Workshop in
2 weeks. Please also forward the invitation to others who might be
interested in the topic.

If you are available to attend, either in person or remotely, please add
your name to the participant list (
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Participants) or let me know.

-Stefan

On behalf of the Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) Air Quality
Cluster, we are delighted to invite you to join other air pollution
monitoring scientists, information scientists and technology developers, and
air quality researchers and managers at a workshop to begin defining
guidelines and best practices in creating web networks and applications that
use satellite and surface data for NO2 assessment, analysis and modeling.

The workshop will be held in downtown Washington, DC at EPA Headquarters on
October 31 and November 1.

The workshop is envisioned to:
1) identify and organize, through online methods, available NO2 data and
information resources
2) develop guidelines and blueprints for improving use of NO2 data in air
quality research and management, including advancing initial demonstrations
of prototype NO2 web applications
3) define cross-organization, cross-project activities to undertake with NO2
data and web networks and explore related opportunities to advance other air
quality activities

An agenda and background information are located on the workshop's wiki
page:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Workshop
We encourage you to contribute resources (project websites, dataset links,
model descriptions, presentations, papers, etc.) to the wiki page. You are
also welcome to email information to stefan at wustl.edu

The workshop is intended as a first step in connecting organizations and
projects involved with NO2 data, analysis and modeling. The workshop will
set the stage for ongoing dialogue through online forums and future meetings
and workshops.
We plan to accommodate remote participation via telecon, Webex and possibly
video for those who will not be in the DC area during the workshop.

We hope you are available to participate and look forward to hearing from
you. If you are unavailable, we invite you to recommend names of colleagues
who would be interested in the workshop. Participation is open, although
seating is limited.

Best regards,
Stefan Falke, stefan at wustl.edu
Rudolf Husar, rhusar at me.wustl.edu