[ESIP-AQ] AIP Scenario Consensus

Rudolf Husar rhusar at me.wustl.edu
Thu Jan 31 18:26:54 EST 2008

Dear Colleagues:

The submission of additional scenario items by
EPA<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Talk:GEOSS_AIP_AQ_Scenario#New_Scenarios.21.21.21_--Davidmccabe_20:19.2C_30_January_2008_.28EST.29>to
the AIP
Scenario <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/GEOSS_AIP_Pilot_Scenario> and
the subsequent discussion at the ESIP
telecon<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/2008-01-31:_ESIP_AQ_Cluster_Telecon>is
the most delightful development I can think of. It provides new ideas
and
dynamics into the Pilot process. Based on the various conversations, the EPA
group can fill in the scenario template which appropriately takes into
account the information needs for scientific assessment (historical,
in-depth (re)analysis, modeling, etc), as well as real-time/forecast
information needs during events.

I know that this is very pretentious thing to say, but I am certain that
there WILL be a positive outcome. The vigorous constructive exchange on the
telecon about the scenario(s) shows that this group has determination and
means business. Also, I cant resist to invoke an academic
perspective<http://wiki.esipfed.org/images/b/b7/Team_Development.ppt>on
group development. This group has evidently moved from the Forming and
Storming phases to the Norming (consensus) phase. According to some
academics, the preceding Storming phase is a necessary condition for
building robust and successful groups. Now we ARE a group. (...soft
background music in the background )

Rudy