[ESIP-AQ] AIP Scenario Wiki

Rudolf Husar rhusar at me.wustl.edu
Sat Feb 2 18:35:29 EST 2008

Hello AQ Cluster,

Huh, what a Zone experience. My humble, objective and very tempered opinion
is that the GEOSS AIP Air Quality
scenario<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/AIP_AQ_Unified_Scenario>that
John White has started and Terry Keating manufactured from the
available parts is  :) :) ....AWESOME!

- The Unified Scenario<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/AIP_AQ_Unified_Scenario>on
the wiki  now occupies the place for the  Submitted Scenario
- The same has been submitted to the official OGC
site<http://www.ogcnetwork.net/node/349>for George and the others in
AIP along with a
comment <http://www.ogcnetwork.net/node/349#comment-400>. *(pretty
formatting will have to wait until Erin recovers from todays mardi gras ...
:) maybe tomorrow?)

*A reality issue: The Pilot that is to execute this 'dream scenario'  will
take time to do. Really!  My concern is not to get locked into an
unrealistic  time frame of months to execute the Pilot. (That was the case
for the first AIP Pilot). If we are in this for the long-haul, should we
explore with George Percivall and the AIP Brass if there is a way to execute
the Pilot in stages?  Certainly the AQ Data Network will take time..and
time.

This Scenario preparation was a short, intense, participatory and productive
experience. The ESIP AQ Cluster and Stefan's telecon sessions  were a vital
forum for interaction, so was the ESIP AQ wiki
workspace<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/GEOSS_AIP_AQ_Scenario>.
For those who could not participate in the Scenario development, the AIP
process is not over...in fact it has barely began. The Pilot is yet to come.
If interested, please join us on the AIP Community of
Practice<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/GEOSS_AIP_AQ_Scenario>(GEOSS
lingo for  this kind of group)  ESIP website.

May a successful AIP Pilot be our reward!

Rudy