[ESIP-AQ] Travel support for AQ sessions for ESIP Summer Meeting in Santa Barbara (July 7 - 10)

McCabe.David at epamail.epa.gov McCabe.David at epamail.epa.gov
Tue Apr 21 17:40:50 EDT 2009

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to follow up on earlier messages about the air quality
sessions we'll have at the ESIP Summer meeting in Santa Barbara this
July.  We are quite excited about this meeting.  The time is right to
bring the community together, review developments over the past year or
so, and think about where we are going.  We are excited about the
progress so far, but as the AQ system of systems evolves, it is becoming
more and more important to keep abreast on developments and get the
wider AQ community involved with GEOSS activities.  We expect to have
folks in attendance from EPA, NOAA, NASA, academic & private sectors,
and state / local AQ agencies.

Here is the page where we'll refine the goals and agenda of the meeting:

http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Air_Quality_Community_Summer_2009_Meeting

Feel free to add to it!

As we indicated earlier, we hope you can attend.  ESIP's Air Quality
Work Group has decided to budget a small sum to provide partial travel
support for some non-Federals AQ folks attending the Summer meeting.  We
can't provide full support but even a small amount might help!  If you'd
like us to consider you for partial support, please let me know by May
15.  Unfortunately, we are not permitted to support federal employees
with these funds.

Beyond the issue of travel support, if you are planning to attend, it
would be helpful if you would let me know.  Likewise, if you have
questions about the meeting, would like to suggest we invite someone
else who may not have heard about it, or would like to discuss the
agenda / goals, I would be happy to hear from you!

I hope to see you in Santa Barbara!

David McCabe, PhD
AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellow
US EPA, Office of Research and Development (8104R)
1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20460
202 564 0016