[Esip-cloud] ESIP Cloud Cluster Telecon, Today, 6/4, 1-2pm, EST -- planning summer meeting

Chaowei Yang cyang3 at gmu.edu
Mon Jun 4 10:52:12 EDT 2012

Dear All,

We will have our monthly call today with the focus on summer meeting cloud computing session planning.

dial in# 218-862-9364
pwd 953677#

The draft summer program is online. All sessions are on July 19, which is good. Just need to re-sequence as we planned in the same time slots

http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2012_Program

Thur. 7/19/2012 @8:30pm-10:00pm: Cloud Computing I: Applications. (20 minutes each strictly applied)
- Mike Gangl, PO.DAAC - on the DMAS federate architecture using ZooKeeper- George Chang, LMMP - on using Hadoop
- Long Pham/Aijun Chen, GSE DAAC - Migrating OpenDAP, GDS, and Giovanni to the Cloud (needs confirmation from Long)
- Phil Yang, GMU and Karl Benedict, UNM - Utilize Cloud Computing to Enable Dust Storm Forecasting

Thu. 7/19/2012 @10:30am-12:00pm: Cloud Computing II:  Readiness Test Results. (may add one more)
- Mike Little, NASA SMD Cloud Test Brief (Virtual)
- Doug Neber for GeoCloud, (Virtual)
- Phil Yang, GMU, Cloud Readiness for Earth Sciences

Thu: 7/19/2012 @1:30-3:00pm: Cloud Computing Discussions -
- opportunities and future directions
- EarthCube participation and activities?
- Collective reference architectures and recommendations?
- discuss potential opportunities from agencies, such as NSF, NASA, EPA, etc. to assess the possibility for potential proposal and
- discuss the possibility of utilize cloud computing for supporting organizational IT needs.

Cheers,
Phil