[Esip-cloud] Pangeo-Forge Tutorial Feb 28, 2022 at the ESIP Cloud Computing Cluster

Aimee Barciauskas aimee at developmentseed.org
Fri Feb 18 14:45:02 EST 2022

Hello ESIP Cloud Computing Cluster Members!

We are excited to welcome speakers Charles Stern and Rachel Wegener to
provide a tutorial on pangeo-forge on February 28, 2022 at 10am PT / 1pm ET.

If you’re interested in improving the scale and performance of analysis on
large n-dimensional datasets, you may have heard of Zarr and other
cloud-optimized data formats. But you likely still have trouble getting
started with creating these formats. Pangeo-forge
<https://pangeo-forge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/> is a framework to simplify
and reuse processes to create cloud-optimized datasets at scale.

This session will be a great way to get started in generating a
cloud-optimized datastore. *We encourage you to come with a use case in
mind!*

Pangeo Forge is an open source tool for data Extraction, Transformation,
and Loading (ETL). The goal of Pangeo Forge is to make it easy to extract
data from traditional data repositories and deposit in cloud object storage
in analysis-ready, cloud-optimized (ARCO) format. (source: What is Pangeo
Forge?
<https://pangeo-forge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/what_is_pangeo_forge.html>)

There is a lot of great information, such as example notebooks
<https://pangeo-forge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorials/index.html> on the
website so we encourage you to poke around in advance of the session.

Meeting Logistics!

Topic: Pangeo-Forge Tutorial

Monday Feb 28th, 10:00-11:00 am PT / 1:00-2:00 pm ET

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86535177705?pwd=ay9yVDJ6UzNiSGRMWTFxbkNXdEJXUT09

Meeting ID: 865 3517 7705

Passcode: 354962

Find your local number: Zoom International Dial-in Numbers
<https://us02web.zoom.us/u/knxOPNBj5>

Agenda:

   -

   5-10 minutes - Announcements