[Esip-cloud] Monthly ESIP Cloud Computing Cluster Meeting Announcement

James Coll jamesmcoll at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 13:05:08 EST 2022

*apologies for any duplication and crossposting*

*Pangeo-Forge tutorial at ESIP Cloud Computing Cluster Meeting Feb 28*
We are excited to welcome speakers Charles Stern and Rachel Wegener to
provide a tutorial on pangeo-forge on *February 28, 2022 at 10am PT / 1pm
ET.*If you’re interested in improving the scale and performance of analysis
on large n-dimensional datasets, you may have heard of Zarr and other
cloud-optimized data formats. But you likely still have trouble getting
started with creating these formats. Pangeo-forge
<https://pangeo-forge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/> is a framework to simplify
and reuse processes to create cloud-optimized datasets at scale.This
session will be a great way to get started in generating a cloud-optimized
datastore. *We encourage you to come with a use case in mind!**Pangeo Forge
is an open source tool for data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading
(ETL). The goal of Pangeo Forge is to make it easy to extract data from
traditional data repositories and deposit in cloud object storage in
analysis-ready, cloud-optimized (ARCO) format. (source: **What is Pangeo
Forge?
<https://pangeo-forge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/what_is_pangeo_forge.html>*
*)*There is a lot of great information, such as example notebooks
<https://pangeo-forge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorials/index.html> on the
website so we encourage you to poke around in advance of the session.*Meeting
Logistics! *
Topic: Pangeo-Forge Tutorial
Monday Feb 28th, 10:00-11:00 am PT / 1:00-2:00 pm ET
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86535177705?pwd=ay9yVDJ6UzNiSGRMWTFxbkNXdEJXUT09
Meeting ID: 865 3517 7705
Passcode: 354962
Find your local number: Zoom International Dial-in Numbers
<https://us02web.zoom.us/u/knxOPNBj5>*Agenda:*

   - 5-10 minutes - Announcements
   - 20-30 minutes - Tutorial
   - 20-30 minutes - Discussion questions

It might be because we just had the ESIP winter meeting but I don't think
I've gone more than 3 days without hearing about COG, ARCO, or Pangeo so I
can't wait to find my use case.  Hope to see you there!