[Esip-cloud] ESIP Cloud Computing Cluster Knowledge Sharing Session Announcement

James Coll jamesmcoll at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 15:47:13 EDT 2022

Hello ESIP Cloud Computing Cluster Members!We are excited to welcome
speaker Alex Merose, a Software Engineer at Google, to present on Apache
Beam for Geospatial Data.  Find the abstract and meeting agenda below.

**Meeting Logistics!**
Topic: Apache Beam for Geospatial Data
Speaker: Alex Merose
Monday March 28th, 10:00-11:00 am PT / 1:00-2:00 pm ET
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86535177705?pwd=ay9yVDJ6UzNiSGRMWTFxbkNXdEJXUT09
Meeting ID: 865 3517 7705
Passcode: 354962
Find your local number: Zoom International Dial-in Numbers
<https://us02web.zoom.us/u/knxOPNBj5>

**Abstract:**
Geospatial data is the original "BigData". Can modern frameworks for
processing BigData be directly applied to geospatial problems? In this
talk, we'll answer in the affirmative, diving deep on Apache Beam's
dataflow-oriented programming model and other open source geoanalysis tools.

**Agenda:**
* 5-10 minutes - Announcements: Working sessions, ESIP Summer Meeting
Planning, Open Call for other announcements
* 20-30 minutes - Presentation
* 20-30 minutes - Discussion questions

Looking forward to seeing y'all there!
Aimee and Sudhir