[Esip-communityresilience] Community Resilience Cluster update

Arika Virapongse av at middlepatheco.com
Wed Sep 18 18:25:24 EDT 2019

Hello everyone!

Just checking in and sending around an update. You can always find updates
about the cluster on the wikipage as well:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Community_Resilience

1. Our main activity has been to work on a Problem Statement for our
cluster, which in a nutshell is as follows:

"Recognizing that scientific data, and particularly Earth Science data, are
typically prepared and managed for use by scientists and data experts, we
ask: What are the challenges for preparing Earth Science data and
information for community resilience? By carefully identifying the problem
and its root causes, we hope to facilitate future problem solving efforts
for community resilience."

Everyone is welcome to be a co-author, so if you are interested in
participating in this paper, please join our next call on Oct 16th. (Our
calls are always on the 3rd Weds of the month; see ESIP calendar for call-in
details https://www.esipfed.org/get-involved/telecon-calendar)

2. Another one of our goals is cross-cluster connections. In other words,
building relationships with other ESIP clusters so that we can better align
our work and objectives. If you have any ideas about cluster/group
collaborations, let us know!

Our Community Resilience cluster is open to everyone, so if you know someone
who would be interested in joining our calls, feel free to let them know
about our next meeting or join our listserv (contact me to join).

Hope to connect with you at our next cluster call!

Best,
Arika

Arika Virapongse, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist, Middle Path EcoSolutions
Research Scholar, The Ronin Institute
www.MiddlePathEco.com